Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Vector Potrait

For our next design project we have to make vector portraits of ourselves. Although i wasn't quite fond of the idea of editing my own face, I came to realize that its better than having someone else do it.

So to proceed with the assignment I had to take 10 different pictures of myself. Different styles different angles. And choose the best one to make a vector portrait out of.

Before I began snapping a million photos of myself, I researched the different styles of vector portrait online. A lot popped out. And most of them were marvelous. Out of a myriad of examples, I found these three examples to be the most fascinating:

Audrey Hepburn by Garth Glazier

Angelina Jolie

Natasha Romanov (Scarlett Johanssen) by billgoldberg

I like these three vector portraits the most because they're achievable. All three of them also oozes a mischievous cool which is what I am trying to go for. I wanted to make a vector portrait resembling movie posters and I think the Natasha Romanov vector portrait by billgoldberg makes the best sample. 

So, in order to be able to make vector portraits such as the ones above, I had to snap pictures of myself in those styles. And thats what I spent a whole evening doing. I also took some of my old photos that I thought appropriate and suitable. 


- qasryna

No comments:

Post a Comment