Sunday, September 6, 2015

Qasryna's Chocolate Product Research

A good day to all readers. My name is Qasryna and I am a student of design. One of the assignments that was given to us was to design our own food/drink product or to rebrand an existing one.
Since I've always wanted to have a company of my own, I've chosen to create a new food product.

After the first week, I decided to create my own cheese company. I've even strted googling different types of cheese and also different types of cheese packaging. I even went to the grocery store with a few friends and snapped photos of the varieties of cheese they had. However, after a while, it was apparent that creating a new cheese company is not as practical. The reason being that cheese is too expensive for me to do research on and that there aren't many choices of cheese to look at here in Malaysia.

So, I thought harder and finally I settled on chocolates.

Chocolate is one of the most popular food in the world. The first recorded evidence of chocolate as a food product goes back to Pre-Columbian Mexico. Now, chocolates can be found almost anywhere. So many different types of chocolates all with interesting, if not scrumptious infusions.

Upon settling on a new product, I immediately went to the stores to look for the different types of chocolate and the myriad of colorful packaging. There were even flavors I thought to never encounter in our country.


 

 





Next, I picked out the best and most different ones and bought them. I ripped off their beautiful wrappers and pasted them on an A3 layout paper and started labeling the important information.







I then googled different and creative chocolate packagings and found some really interesting ones.




The third step was to find an inventive new company name before I could move on to product names and flavors. So i scoured online to look for inspiration. I may have picked out about 15-20 interesting names, slogans and even logos for my new chocolate company. And after a few consultations, the name 'Chocolatarian' stuck.

And now all I have to do is work towards making my new chocolate company, "Chocolatarian" into a huge success. :P






No comments:

Post a Comment