Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Atik's Vector Portrait


Hello everyone ! Today is  a little bit special as I put my selfie to greet all of you. Although it is quite embarrassing but for my next project for design class, I'm glad to do so.

Personally I'm excited as well as nervous as our project would be Vector ! This time our class project is making vector of our own portrait. Some people might think that doing vector is a piece of cake, however for beginner like me, who barely know how to use illustrator and photoshop, it's definitely a challenge.

I assume by now all of us are familiar of the process in creating artwork by art student. The first thing to do is to do some research. So, I started to do some research on the internet about vector. Surprisingly, I found different kind of vectors and each of them has it uniqueness. We ware asked to find a concept that we would like to work on but trust me as it was quite tough to make a decision and thanks also to Ms Ida, I was able to so.

Here are two concept that I would love to work on.The first one is an artwork by Rockfield, Amphritite. I'm totally in love with the aquatic design and the curve used in the portrait. The model appeal to be amazingly beautiful and refreshing with the used of pastel and soft color.

Amphritite by Rockfield
 Secondly, another amazing artwork is by Megan Kelly of her own portrait. This one is kinda fun with the puzzle piece.

Megan Kelly
This project is quite interesting to me because instead of using other people as our model, we have to be the model ourself. Since I was too embarrassed to ask others to take my picture, I decided to just take selfie. Using my short hand, I managed to take few pictures and some of them I guessed did turnout well.

:P


I also did searched my album for my old pictures and I did found some that I could use.
From all those pictures that I've compiled, two of them came out as my favorites.


That is all for now. I'll try my best to make my own face to at least turnout well ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment